This week I started out by making a computer comp of the User Flow. I had already included top level pages as well and secondary and tertiary. I added new user pages as well as forgot password and reset password pages. Forgotten passwords are common among middle school students. After completing the user flow I decided to update my mood boards and spend some time exploring color. From my new and existing pulls, I explored some color pallet options. I created a color swatch for 3 combinations that I found interesting. I used these to apply color to my logo comps.
Using the advice from last weeks critique, I explored computer comps for some of the more geometric and abstracted octopus designs. From there I played with fonts, size, layering, and letterforms. I came up with several versions of each and applied color. I really do not like the 3rd iteration at all, however I continued with explorations just to see if it had and possible successful iterations. I do not feel it did.
I also decided to sketch out an idea for "Ed" the octopus as a possible program mascot. I will draw a few more iterations early this coming week and try some computer comps as well.
Leave a Reply.
MFA Graphic Design Student at Academy of Art University of San Francisco (on-line)