This week I began experimenting with adding illustration to the visual system. I drew some basic doodle/sketchy school supplies and placed them within the circles. I trued a few variations and experimented putting the illustrations and new graphic elements into the system. I then did some future exploration of my icon system. I tried using all black within the circles and all white.
I am still working out layouts for the website and will update that this week.
Lastly, I became formatting my thesis process journal. I developed a layout and grid and began building the pages and placing the required sections and elements. It still needs some work with layout and how the elements will fill the pages. I will also update the DS chart and Materials Matrix to match the visual System more cohesively and to match the formatting of the book.
Leave a Reply.
MFA Graphic Design Student at Academy of Art University of San Francisco (on-line)