This week I really dug into to my website and applied my visual system. It was fun to see the visuals on an actual website and how I could use them in different ways. I then updated my Blog as well as my OctoEd Facebook and Instagram pages. After I completed the website, I began to look at my learning platform and how I could apply the visual system to my wire frame. I decided to begin by redesigning the icons that I had begun designing last semester in Visual Communications Lab. I tried to get them as uniform as possible and I used only black and white. I don't want too many colors causing visual clutter on the learning platform. Applying the visual system to the login screen and student Student Dashboard was a little easier than the Virtual Classroom. I found that the more elements a page has, the less visuals I can use. I relied on colors and consistency in shapes and font colors and size to develop the visuals on the more complex pages.
After I completed some platform pages I focused on designing some of the Student Materials Kit. I designed and mocked up the pull-string bag, the computer cover, the touchscreen pen, and the Agenda cover. I still need to complete the inside spreads. I am having a difficult time finding a mock-up of a wireless mouse to use. I will continue to work on these items this coming week.
MFA Graphic Design Student at Academy of Art University of San Francisco (on-line)